“My hope and prayer for all of us is that we will continue to be symbols of hope for those in desperate need of love, that we find a common bond, and are inspired to bring about a world where peace and justice will prevail.”Sister Kathleen Sheehan, SCN, Founding Director of St. John Center for Homeless Men
Sister Kathleen and Louisville’s First Day Shelter
In 1986, Sister Kathleen Sheehan, SCN led a determined group of volunteers to open Louisville’s first-day shelter for people who are homeless in our city. In the decades since St. John Center has grown to meet the growing needs of some of our most vulnerable citizens. Sister Kathleen knew that the road to a city where no one lived without adequate shelter was a long one.
When you join the Sister Kathleen Sheehan Legacy Society you become part of a powerfully compassionate group of people. Your commitment ensures that St. John Center will provide a safe and affirming place for people who are homeless to seek help, find hope, and move home for as long as we are needed.
How You Benefit
- You join a small group of people who are ensuring that St. John Center will continue to provide a safe, affirming place for homeless men to seek help, find hope, and move home.
- A legacy gift allows you to retain your assets until you no longer need them while planning for the care of your loved ones and your community.
- When you make a commitment to the legacy society, you are not locked into a financial decision you make today. You can change your beneficiaries or allocations at any time.
- If you choose to, you can remain anonymous.
- Inside track to news and updates on what’s happening with St. John Center.
- Private tours of our work which includes housing, street outreach, and other programmatic highlights throughout the year.
- Invitations to exclusive events and gatherings.
How to Join
To join the Sister Kathleen Legacy Society you simply make a provision for a planned gift of cash, stock, or real estate to St. John Center. The most common and easily executed planned gifts are those you make in your will designating St. John Center as a beneficiary on a retirement account or insurance policy.
Gifts in Your Will: Bequests are one of the most popular options for creating a legacy because they are flexible and easy to implement. You can leave a gift to St. John Center by bequest in your will or trust.
Gifts by Beneficiary Designation: You can name St. John Center as a beneficiary when you establish life insurance, retirement, or other accounts. To name St. John Center as a beneficiary, please use our correct legal our federal tax identification number (61-1135907) and our legal name, St. John Center, Inc.
Talk to your financial advisor about the options available to you for leaving a lasting legacy to St. John Center.
Keep in Touch With St. John Center
Get updates and more about St. John Center, including our News Off the Streets newsletter.